International CTEPH Association (ICA)
The International CTEPH Association is an organisation of physicians, surgeons and other medically qualified professionals committed to advancing the diagnosis and treatment of CTEPH, and thus improving the clinical outcome and long-term care for affected patients.
The Association’s key objectives are to:
• Increase awareness of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH)
• Advance research and evaluate new therapeutic approaches in CTEPH
• Foster worldwide collaboration among CTEPH centres
• Improve education to facilitate training and improving education of emerging centres
• Provide clinical expert opinion to surgical and interventional centres
The ICA is dedicated to working together with patient organisations and partners to reach these objectives. The Association ensures that all projects undertaken are to the benefit of patients exclusively and remain independent of commercial interest.
Current ongoing initiatives:
The ICA are delighted to announce the initiation of a new ICA-led registry, with the primary objective of investigating the longitudinal management of newly-referred CTEPH patients at expert centres offering all treatment modalities.
For the first time since its 10-year existence, the International CTEPH Conference (ICC) is leaving Europe. We are delighted to announce that ICC 2023 will be held in San Diego, USA under the patronage of Prof. Michael M. Madani and Prof. Nick H. Kim.